[packagers] Packaging Software with Different Library Dependancies

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Sat Dec 10 13:00:14 CET 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 18:49, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> I'm trying to package a piece of software called pmacct
> (http://www.ba.cnr.it/~paolo/pmacct/).  It has support for several
> different backends for storing data (mysql, postgres, and sqlite), but it
> doesn't support compiling them in as modules.
> I'm looking for recommendations on how to setup my spec file to include
> multiple binaries compiled with different options; is it possible to have
> multiple %configure sections for different package names, or is there some
> better way?

You can take a look at the snort spec file. It compiles the program different
times with different options for configure. See for example:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/snort/snort.spec

kind regards,
Dries

--
Rpm packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Core and Aurora at
http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/