[packagers] rpmforge depends upon freshrpms

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sun Dec 11 22:09:57 CET 2005

Jonathan Underwood wrote :

> I have noticed today that not all of the freshrpms packages have made it
> into rpmforge (at least for FC4 i386) - is this intentional? It seems a
> shame if so, it would be nice to have all freshrpms packages in rpmforge for
> simplicity such that users didn't need to add two repos. If it is
> intentional, can I suggest adding a note to make this clear to the
> configuration FAQ of rpmforge.

I doubt it's intentional, so thanks for reporting the problems. Just to
make things clearer : freshrpms.net is just the subset of packages I focus
on in more detail, which are part of rpmforge. But there are two drawbacks
to this : Some breakage can occur from changes I make to the freshrpms.net
packages (the wxGTK update might be one example), and breakage might also
occur for older distributions since I usually only focus on the latest
Fedora Core release (FC4 currently).

I'll let Dag or Dries give you more details about the VLC and xine
problems.

Cheers,
Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4
Load : 0.50 0.28 0.11