[packagers] rpmforge depends upon freshrpms

jonathan.underwood at gmail.com jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:17:44 CET 2005

On 12/11/05, Matthias Saou

> I doubt it's intentional, so thanks for reporting the problems. Just to
> make things clearer : freshrpms.net is just the subset of packages I focus
> on in more detail, which are part of rpmforge. But there are two drawbacks
> to this : Some breakage can occur from changes I make to the freshrpms.net
> packages (the wxGTK update might be one example), and breakage might also
> occur for older distributions since I usually only focus on the latest
> Fedora Core release (FC4 currently).

OK, thanks for clarifying.

I'll let Dag or Dries give you more details about the VLC and xine
> problems.

Ok. Just to be clear, the dependency issues I reported for these two
packages disappeared once I enabled freshrpms as well as rpmforge, which is
why I reported that not all freshrpms packages are currently appearing in
rpmforge.

Thanks as ever for your efforts.

Jonathan.