[packagers] Exclude the same build requirements as Fedora Extras?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Dec 19 17:52:08 CET 2005

Hi,

Seeing how our set of base packages, decided a while back, has stuck until
now, and seeing how annoying it seems to be for Dries adding all those
gcc-c++ build requirements ;-) (which I find of very little relevance,
since libtool often adds that mandatory configure check even for software
that doesn't have anything coded in C++...), I'd like to suggest following
the same guideline as Fedora Extras regarding the set of basic build
requirements not required to be specified in spec files :

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#Exceptions

I think the only major change is gcc-c++, but it's the one I'd like to
have most ;-)

Currently, I'm still using the basic set of packages from the Fedora
Extras default mock configuration (which includes a lot more stuff, like
gettext, autotools, flex, bison...), but I'd switch back to just the above
if we agree on it.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
Load : 0.43 0.98 1.04