[packagers] Interested in Building Packages

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Fri Jul 15 21:32:36 CEST 2005

I've been packaging RPMs for a little over a year now and have enjoyed it
immensely.  I've been packaging the below projects and others since FC1,
starting with the project I'm a developer on, NetMRG.  I would really like to
get these packages out to a broader audience and help the community to grow.

These packages probably have the broadest appeal that I'm currently working
on.  I'd probably start w/ wpa_supplicant, followed by syslog-ng.

ipmitool       http://ipmitool.sourceforge.net/
jabberd (2.0)  http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/
jabberd14      http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/1.4/
mt-daapd       http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net/
netmrg         http://www.netmrg.net/
pmacct         http://www.ba.cnr.it/~paolo/pmacct/
syslog-ng      http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog_ng/
libol (for syslog-ng)
wpa_supplicant http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

I've been maintaining my own repository; all of the links can be found off of
this page:
http://www.silfreed.net/articles/repo

I would like to start contributing these pages into RPMForge; let me know in
what ways I can help.
I also have lots of experience doing web design with PHP/MySQL (see NetMRG) if
there are any utilities that could use written for RPMForge to make it easier
for users to find information.

-Doug