[packagers] Fedora Extra's and plans to add support for RHEL, CentOS etc

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 16:08:29 CEST 2006

Dear Dag, Dries (+Matthias, but I think you're already aware),

I'm not sure if you're aware, but over on the fedora-extras-list there
has been discussion about extending Fedora Extras to add support for
RHEL and CENTOS ("Enterprise Extras").

I started a bit of a discussion, pointing out that what you guys are
doing at rpmforge already does similar things, and that the FE guys
should consider involving you in discussions, since you've no doubt
got a lot of wisdom to add from your own efforts, and that anyway way
of working together would be beneficial. Anyway, you might want to
check out the following thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-September/msg00714.html

Best wishes,
Jonathan.