[packagers] [Fwd: Re: [users] perl-Test-Inline and perl-Test-Expect]

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Aug 7 02:11:30 CEST 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Who Knows wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote: ( on the users lis
>
> >  The problem with older modules being shipped within the perl package is
> >  something that dates back to Red Hat 5 and possibly earlier. Only since
> >  recently, driven by Fedora, is Red Hat slowly releasing these modules.
>
> Well this explains some of the issues I have been dealing with since the
> recent additions of perl-Module spec files.
>
> Do we want to standardize a way to deal with it such as the ExcludeDist
> and ExclusiveDist tags?
> Or is it an endeavor best left to each packager?

What kind of problems do you see exactly ? If they block yum or apt from
properly working, then yes we should use ExclusiveDist/ExcludeDist.

Missing perl module dependencies is something we are working on and is
much a work in progress. In fact I have started to run repoclosure to get
rid of the remaining missing perl modules. Some of them cannot be done
though.