[packagers] Add munin to rpmforge

Tim Whittington Tim.Whittington at orionhealth.com
Thu Jun 14 23:07:45 CEST 2007

The munin-node package looks good - we're using it in several production servers now with no issues.
Thanks for hosting this Dag.

cheers
tim

Tim Whittington
Development Unit Manager - Concerto Portal
Tim.Whittington at orionhealth.com
P: +64 9 638 0600 x3873
M: +64 21 307 925
F: +64 9 638 0699
S: tim.whittington
www.orionhealth.com

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged, proprietary, or other data protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this to the addressee you are hereby notified that reading, copying or distributing this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please telephone us immediately and remove all copies of it from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Tim Whittington wrote:

> Munin (http://munin.projects.linpro.no/) is a monitoring toolkit that
> utilises rrdtool and is complementary to nagios.
>
> The munin docs actually reference Dags RPM repository for the
> dependencies (rrdtool, various perl modules), and nagios is also on
> rpmforge, so it'd be great if munin itself was made available in the
> same place.
>
> There are two packages: munin (server) and munin-node (client).

Perfect, had some free time and I looked at the original package and made
a few cosmetic changes and one big change (/var/www/munin).

I kept the release to 1 so that the official one still replaces the
RPMforge one, but I would like munin users to test my package thoroughly
and let me know what their experience is.

Ingvar, please let me know your opinions about the modified SPEC file.
You can find it here:

http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/munin/munin.spec

I have a few for you.

1. Since the man-pages are installed as-is, shouldn't the scripts in
/usr/share/munin not be moved to /usr/bin as well ?

2. Not sure if you like the Apache config, but it fits with all the other
web-related projects. It allows to run munin from a seperate virtual host
instead of being in the default DocumentRoot.

3. I need to know what other requirements there are (like eg. perl) since
I now provide packages for EL2 and I doubt they will work.

Thanks in advance,