[packagers] spamassassin-tools

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Sat Mar 3 05:55:36 CET 2007

When I tried to update spamassassin recently, I received complaints that
the old spamassassin-tools needed the old spamassassin (dependency).

I knew what to do.  I removed tools.  Hah.  That worked.  I was able to
update spamassassin.

Then, I figured, I'd put spamassassin-tools back.

[root at somefrickencomputer somefrickendirectory]# yum install
spamassassin-tools
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reducing CentOS.Karan.Org-EL4 - Stable to included packages only
Finished
Reducing CentOS-4 - Plus to included packages only
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for spamassassin-tools to pack into transaction set.
spamassassin-tools-3.1.8- 100% |=========================|  13 kB    00:00
---> Package spamassassin-tools.i386 0:3.1.8-1.el4.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) = 3.1.8 for package:
spamassassin-tools
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) = 3.1.8 is needed by
package spamassassin-tools

Damn, dead end.  Any suggestions!