[packagers] Re: [users] Dropping the repotag

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Mar 15 18:40:58 CET 2007

Dag Wieers wrote :

> Since we cannot make Fedora/Red Hat agree on adding a repotag, from now on
> I will be building RPMforge packages without a repotag.

I'm not sure I understand, here. Fedora/Red Hat has never had a
repotag, so how does "no change" make you "change"?

> It's a shame that I feel the need to do this even when I do not agree with
> it in principle. The only reason why Fedora/Red Hat can do this, is
> because everybody else at this point was adding a repotag and playing
> nice.
>
> Exit .rf.

Why do you "feel the need to do this"? You no longer want to "play
nice"? Are there any technical reasons behind the change? Just
curious...

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6
Load : 1.54 1.49 1.38