[packagers] Re: [users] Dropping the repotag

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Mar 15 18:46:25 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote :
>
> > Since we cannot make Fedora/Red Hat agree on adding a repotag, from now on
> > I will be building RPMforge packages without a repotag.
>
> I'm not sure I understand, here. Fedora/Red Hat has never had a
> repotag, so how does "no change" make you "change"?

Because EPEL is not a first class citizen.

> > It's a shame that I feel the need to do this even when I do not agree with
> > it in principle. The only reason why Fedora/Red Hat can do this, is
> > because everybody else at this point was adding a repotag and playing
> > nice.
> >
> > Exit .rf.
>
> Why do you "feel the need to do this"? You no longer want to "play
> nice"? Are there any technical reasons behind the change? Just
> curious...

No, I prefer a repotag if everyone plays nice. If EPEL does not add a
repotag, I don't think they should be having the advantages that we do
play nice. Sorry, but I'm tired of the arrogance.

Apparently, if I do the request I am one person with a wish, and everyone
by default is against it. On the other hand, RPMforge has all the RHEL
users and EPEL has none. But that doesn't make a difference, because I am
the only one that wants a repotag.

To summarize, if only *me* wants a repotag, than why have it at all ?

Sorry matthias, the arrogance and ignorance is tiring me off. I do not
want special treatement, but I also do not want to opposite.

Kind regards,