[packagers] RE: retty - naming conflict in rpmforge

Tue May 22 14:08:26 CEST 2007

Hi Oliver,

> > There has never been a lot of interest in my program, and
At least now there's a bit ;-)

> since I am not using it anymore myself,
What are you using instead?

> know of any user who uses the tool actively, I'll be glad to
> change the name,

If it does what it is supposed to I'll be using it actively.
Please consider this a request from an active user. :-)

> So a rename of the tool (maybe 0.2 with just the rename), a
> new freshmeat announcement and maybe a statement on the website

Having browsed for alternative (unused) names I would suggest:

  remtty-0.2  (Obsoletes: retty-0.1)

There does not seem to be any commercial or open source software or
trademark associated with that name.
http://www.google.com/search?q=remtty

> Stefan would
> be a good candidate for maintainership. *hint* *hint* :)

I cannot promise anything at this point in time but let's see ...

Thank you in advance
Kind regards
Stefan