[packagers] RE: retty - naming conflict resolved

Wed May 23 00:54:21 CEST 2007

Dag,

Find attached the spec for the new/old remtty package.

My tests with the "Obsoletes" clause were unsuccessful:
Using "yum  upgrade" retty-0.1 (from rpmforge) was upgraded to
remtty-0.2 (from my provate repo) but I did not manage to get the old
retty-0.1 package removed automatically.
Had to remove it manually to avoid an automatic upgrade to the
conflicting retty-1.0

Probably you are more successful.

Cheers
Stefan

# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package remtty.i386 0:0.2-1.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

=====
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size
=====
Installing:
 remtty                  i386       0.2-1.rf         sradman
23 k
     replacing  retty.i386 0.1-1.2.el4.rf

Transaction Summary
=====
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 23 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing: remtty                       #########################
[1/1]

Installed: remtty.i386 0:0.2-1.rf
Replaced: retty.i386 0:0.1-1.2.el4.rf
Complete!