[packagers] nagios-nsca package split

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Sat Oct 18 23:18:05 CEST 2008

Am Samstag, den 18.10.2008, 21:54 +0200 schrieb Dries Verachtert:
> On Monday 13 October 2008 09:30:09 am you wrote:
> > Dear rpmforge packagers
> >
> > i would like to split the nagios-nsca package in two parts (nagios-nsca
> > and nagios-nsca-client). Currently if you need send_nsca from rpmforge
> > you have to install nagios-nsca which needs package nagios as
> > dependency.
> > To get rid of this dependency i would like to make a subpackage
> > nagios-nsca-client wich contains the following files:
> >
> >     /etc/nagios/send_nsca.cfg
> >     /usr/sbin/send_nsca
> >

> > When these files are removed from the package nagios-nsca everyone
> > needing send_nsca would have to replace nagios-nsca by
> > nagios-nsca-client.
> > To void this we can put the files in both packages, wich makes them
> > conflicting.
> >
> > Any comments? Is putting the same files in different packages ok?
>
> Hey Christoph,
> My knowledge of nagios is very limited, i only use the basic stuff.
>
> Maybe you can make the nagios-nsca package depend on the new
> nagios-nsca-client subpackage and keep those send_nsca files only in the
> client subpackage?

Excelent idea, looks much cleaner to me. Actually the packages i created
weren't even conflicting since they shipped exactly identical files
which RPM acceppts.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach