[packagers] Small request for changing the buildroot

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Sep 18 15:00:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have now seen this problem a few time on my system that could easily be
fixed by using a different buildroot. When a package is build it creates a
buildroot, and if for some reason there is a failure the buildroot is
retained so one can simply look what was installed.

Now I would like to request to change the buildroot by default in SPEC
files from:

 	Buildroot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root

to something that includes the architecture:

 	Buildroot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-%{arch}-root

so that when I have build failures I could eg. compare the buildroot of 2
architectures as well as look what was actually installed. This in some
cases (like today) it saves me a second rebuild; And usually this is the
most convenient when builds take a long time individually :)

What do others think ? The change would be very easy to do with a regexp.