[packagers] Downtime earlier today

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Dec 1 01:17:03 CET 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Steve Huff wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> None, spam filtering is a client issue :)
>
> thanks for clearing that up for me :)  there's very rarely a spam from the
> svn-commits list that makes it to my inbox, so that's not a problem for me,
> but unfortunately it does mean that the web archive of svn-commits is almost
> entirely unusable.

Not only that, we are actually making it worthwhile for spammers to spam
our mailinglist because their SPAM messages are hosted on the RPMforge
domain. And they are bringing down the value of the domain and RPMforge in
search queries.

SEO anyone ?

So in this case we definitely should not allow just anything. I doubt this
would be tolerated on any of the CentOS mailinglists either.