[packagers] Further maintenance on infrastructure ( 2009-12-05 )

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 4 15:42:03 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

I intend to go down to the DC and do some work in the rack on the 5th
Morning. Some details:

Estimated time for work starting is 0645 UTC 2009-12-05

Hope to be all done by 0900 UTC 2009-12-05 ( and be back home for a late
breakfast by 10am)

Most of the work is going to be on other machines hosted in the same
rack, but I would also like to shut down surya.k.o in order to :

1) Add another Gigabit eth interface: so we can then have a dedicated
link for iscsi on the storage backend ( been wanting to do this for a
long time, the present NFS setup might not be giving us the best
performance possible )

2) Add some more ram to the machine, it has 2 GB now - hopefully I'll be
able to take it to 8GB.

3) Swapping the 146GB disk out, since its clearly not large enough to
store a local copy of the entire rpmforge repo's. I'll be replacing that
with a 73GB disk as a raid-1 mirror of the existing disk.

Expected downtime for surya is ~ 30 minutes.

And at this point, I really am broke :) so no more updates or hardware
for a while.