[packagers] Subversion discipline

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Dec 4 18:29:10 CET 2009

Hi!

I've ran into an annoying issue for three times already. There are SPECs
in the working copy on Lisse, which are uncommitted to the main SVN
repo.

Therefore, I have to salvage SPECs from the buildlogs and re-commit them
to bump the version numbers or fix packages. The problem here is that I
suspect, that there's much more uncommitted stuff on Lisse than those
three packages I happened to stumble upon.

Let's devise some solution to this problem together. Could the builders
please manually run svn status on their build hosts and check for the
files that are not in the repo / are modified but uncommitted?

I imagine it might take a lot of time to go though all of them,
revising, fixing and committing again. Therefore we as the packagers are
willing to help and I'm quite sure that Steve would second this as well.

Just post the bunch SPECs to the mailing list or upload them somewhere
and we'll have a look.

This is something that really needs to be dealt with.

Thanks!