[packagers] Patch for creation of ruby bindinds for subversion1.6.6

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Dec 15 13:57:09 CET 2009

Hi Bjarne,

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 20:06 +0100, arnebjarne72 at hotmail.com wrote:

> Ehm, the reason why i removed all the "without-ruby" was that rpmbuild
> didn't build the ruby extension whether I set

Dumb question: did you actually remove the explicit declaration of

%define _without_ruby 1

from the SPEC while you were experimenting?

> > Did you buildtest it anywhere else? Unfortunately, I'm unable to do so
> > for platforms, other than EL5.
>
> No, I was hoping that the DAR system can do that?

Hmmm, the reason I asked was that I'm not sure whether ruby bindings can
be built on EL3/EL4 so that I would disable them if they don't.

> Great! the extension is needed by the warehouse application :-)

I have committed the test SPEC:

http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/subversion/subversion-test.spec

Now it has to be rebuilt and I have no control over this...

Thanks!