[packagers] Patch for creation of ruby bindinds forsubversion1.6.6

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Dec 21 13:02:18 CET 2009

On 12/17/2009 12:18 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> If you can implement a testing build queue for the packages, just as
> Christoph says, this will hopefully dramatically reduce the load on
> lisse. It would be nice if the autobuilding could be re-enabled then.
>
> We can adopt a policy of only committing the package if it was
> previously build-tested on your queue manually and add ExcludeDists for
> packages that are known to not build on a certain platform.

This should not be hard to do - but would need some thinking about. eg.
where is a list of packages that build-ok maintained or how is a package
marked as test-build-only or production-build. Getting the mechanics
right initially would be crucial.

> My suggestion: since you have the logins anyway, we can create a wiki
> page at rpmrepo with a table, that would contain real name, svn login,
> area of expertise / comments and some contact information (email?).

humm. we could do that - but then do people want to take ownership of
some specific packages each ? At the moment its a bit of a free for all.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh