[packagers] New specfile for git

Tom G. Christensen tgc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Thu Nov 26 08:51:16 CET 2009

I promised a new specfile for git so here it is.

I've noted a few "issues" below, so let me know what you think.

It was build and run tested on el2->5/i386, el4->el5/x86_64.

Known "issues":
It's not been completely rpmforgified since I've been trying to keep it
so that I can reasonably diff it with Fedora.

It came straight out of my VCS and I still use %{dtag}.

It supports el2 which Dag has stopped supporting.

The patches and configuration files for httpd and xinetd came from Fedora.

The upgrade path from the old RPMforge git package has not been tested.

The git-cvs and git-daemon packages are untested, I never use them myself.

git-cvs requires cvsps which is not in rpmforge but can be found in EPEL.

git-svn will not pass the testsuite on el4/x86_64 with subversion 1.1.4,
not a problem for RPMforge.

The testsuite is run unconditionally however it can take quite a while
to run (especially the git-svn part)

It uses upstream prebuilt manpages instead of building them on the fly.

-tgc