[packagers] Recent changes to RPMforge

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Nov 18 21:16:34 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>
>> RPMforge is a third-party repository for RHEL, CentOS and Scientific Linux.
>> It provides add-on RPM packages that increase functionality and productivity
>> for both Server and Desktop based environments.
>
>> In case of questions, please resort to the RPMforge mailinglist at:
>
> Thanks, Dag and all others who got involved, for the hard work.
>
> I currently have one problem. When I attempt to download
> rpmforge-release-0.5.2-2.el6.rf.i686.rpm, I get "Not Found". The
> x86_64.rpm is not a problem; only the i686 file has this trouble.

Oh right, the packages.sw.be index is in fact a 'virtual' index. Every
request is redirected to our main mirror by a redirect rule. With RHEL6
the architecture is of the RPM is i686, but the repository is still named
i386.

I wonder whether we should move the packages to the i686 repository, or
instead add some complexity that i686 has a basearch of i386. I wonder
what yum says by default on i686 ?