[packagers] Infrastructure - version control

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Apr 4 10:54:40 CEST 2011

Hi David!

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 09:46 +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:

> Good work. What's the current state? Are commits to SVN propagated to
> GITrepo and vice versa? I want to avoid split brain issue.

I am sorry about that, I should have mentioned it in my email in the
first place.

This is just a test conversion and actually, as it does not contain SVN
metadata it can not be updated anymore. My plan was to gather feedback
on how it looks like (I could have messed something up etc.) and when
the thing is settled, I will have to perform one last conversion and we
switch to git completely.

> Until Dag adopts GITrepo into his build scripts I guess he is going to use SVN.
> So, where I'm supposed to send my commits now?

For now in fact we are still going to be using the SVN. As soon as
everybody agrees that git is the way to go and we settle with the
hosting, Dag can change his build system and then we are good to go.

The next post I gonna make is about where to host the repo, but for now,
it would be really nice to hear something from Dag first.

Best,