[packagers] Infrastructure - version control

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Apr 4 22:01:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 12:15 +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:

> OK, clear to me now. I'm fine with GIT or SVN. GIT's faster, but 'svn
> up' takes a few seconds for me.

Lucky you! I don't know what I am doing wrong, but for me it takes at
least 5 minutes to traverse the whole tree on my laptop and if I dare to
be doing something else at the same time, it takes up to 15 minutes.

I am running Ubuntu Hardy on a 4 years old laptop (32-bit Intel Dual
Core with 2 Gbs of memory), but I still find that it should be working
acceptably fast on this hardware... :-(

Ok, it really doesn't matter now...