[packagers] Infrastructure - version control

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Apr 4 22:12:34 CEST 2011

Hi Steve!

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 21:31 -0400, Steve Huff wrote:

>  Yury - I'm not at my development box right now, but at first glance
>  this looks *awesome*. thank you.

Thanks! :-)

>  I look forward to working in this environment and discovering the first
>  round of refinements we'll need to implement :)

Well, I think that as long as I have got the history right and correctly
mapped all of the contributors, it is more or less about flipping the
switch.

The refinements that I can think out of the top of my head would be to
run some mass-formatting scripts to get rid of $Id$'s, run some
automated checks that the NSLB ("no spec left behind") policy is
effective in terms of %{?dist} tags etc.

The good thing is that this can be done more or less independently from
the move, it will just make it little a bit easier :-)