[packagers] Infrastructure - migration to GitHub?

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Apr 11 16:22:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 23:53 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> I can confirm Dag didn't look at it in detail yet, but we should be able
> to synchronize on this one weekday after 20h (CEST). In two hours I think
> we should be able to plan everything, send a mail with the information for
> other contributors and create a document with the necessary information.

+1.

> BTW Did you know that github has asciidoc integration ? Which means we can
> document everything in simple asciidoc files, which I prefer over a wiki.
> Would that be acceptable, at least to start with ?

Yes! Actually, this is what I was referring to in my initial message and
the reply to Karanbir.

With GitHub you can create a git repository containing texts marked up
in any of those plain ASCII languages (asciidoc, markdown, textile etc.)
and it will make a wiki out of it. This wiki can be further edited via
the web interface or by checking out the repository and pushing changes
into it.

The same stands for the websites: it can generate HTML pages from a git
repository containing the plain text files and templates automatically.

I find this a brilliant idea and would support you by all means, but
personally I haven't used asciidoc (I use markdown instead) so I would
go for what I used :-) But if you are saying asciidoc, let it be
asciidoc.

Hopefully it is not as complicated as that to learn.