[packagers] Infrastructure - migration to GitHub?

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Apr 11 16:49:00 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 16:38 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Already imported dstat, mrepo and unoconv into my own github repositories.

FYI, instead of GitHub importer you can use my import script (which uses
git-svn) with the latest version of the author list. If you don't need
branches / tags, just remove the corresponding options to "git svn".

You might need to make minor cleanups in the .git folder, but the upside
is that the author names and e-mails will be set nicely and correctly.

I am not sure if it matters too much for your personal projects, but I
love browsing the history through gitk and nice name / e-mail pairs are
so good for the karma :-)

> I will continue to do so for all my other personal projects. And I
> also have to go through all the unfinished business and uncommited
> stuff from my own tree, let's hope that goes well so we can migrate
> with little hassle.

Sounds like a great plan!