[packagers] Services downtime in April

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Apr 12 13:24:55 CEST 2011

Hi Karanbir!

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 12:17 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> This is now scheduled to happen on the 17th-18th April.

Thanks for the heads up!

> Nothing seems to have happened in terms of failover or staging etc. so
> it will just be a blackout I guess.

The migration to git is scheduled to April, 13th (and will be completed
in one evening if all goes well). Which means that the version control
will remain be available.

Other than that, what else is hosted on surya?

1) Mailing lists
2) Subversion
3) Half-dead website
4) ...?

To the best of my knowledge, the master mirror (apt.sw.be) is at Heanet,
so it shouldn't be affected. The build system is with Dag, so it won't
be affected either.

If that's all, outage is not really a problem as long as we are warned
in advance. After that we will consider a more resilient website setup,
but for now, I don't think it makes sense to rush into this, since it
does not contain any useful and up to date information anyway...

Best,