[packagers] SPEC files repository migrated to GitHub

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Apr 14 00:42:48 CEST 2011

Hi!

It's taken even more than I pessimistically anticipated (thank you,
Captain Obvious!), but finally, I have pushed the converted repository
with the SPEC files to GitHub. You can find at the web page of the
RepoForge organization:

https://github.com/repoforge/rpms

I've basically filtered out everything that didn't have to do with the
"rpms" directory (and renamed it to "specs" as discussed), while trying
to maximally preserve the history.

That's why in the "svn" namespace you will find two extra branches:
initial-specs and initial-docs, which point to the branches where the
starting point for the merger of the Three Kings (or was it four?!) was
set by importing the SPEC files and docs from each of the packagers.

I have done my best to preserve attributions for the contributions and
otherwise not mess anything up and hopefully I didn't. In the case you
find some issues please do contact me, because it's much easier to fix
it before we have a lot of clones.

For those who are not very familiar with git and are afraid to break
things (and for a good reason!!!), please do a personal fork and commit
there, then issue a pull request and we will sort it out.

I know, I should have written a short git 101 before it went live, but
it's far past midnight already and I'm really dying after a long work
day, so please excuse me for that.

I will try to make a writeup tomorrow evening which will hopefully cover
all of the issues you might face...

The svn will remain available (read-only) for the time being, and let's
see how it goes. If everything goes well, I will put a bit of extra
effort to convert legacy stuff (such as tools, that Dag didn't put in
his private account etc.) and then we can get to the wiki, web page and
what not... At least, that's the plan.

HURRAY!