[packagers] SPEC files repository migrated to GitHub

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Apr 14 11:41:06 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> It's taken even more than I pessimistically anticipated (thank you,
> Captain Obvious!), but finally, I have pushed the converted repository
> with the SPEC files to GitHub. You can find at the web page of the
> RepoForge organization:
>
> https://github.com/repoforge/rpms

Yeah ! Thanks a lot for the work. This will pay off very quickly I am
sure.

> For those who are not very familiar with git and are afraid to break
> things (and for a good reason!!!), please do a personal fork and commit
> there, then issue a pull request and we will sort it out.
>
> I know, I should have written a short git 101 before it went live, but
> it's far past midnight already and I'm really dying after a long work
> day, so please excuse me for that.

Can we start a seperate docs repository where we can add this as a
document ? We can then see how to use the wiki/website and integrate that
later.

> The svn will remain available (read-only) for the time being, and let's
> see how it goes. If everything goes well, I will put a bit of extra
> effort to convert legacy stuff (such as tools, that Dag didn't put in
> his private account etc.) and then we can get to the wiki, web page and
> what not... At least, that's the plan.

Is there anything at all left in tools/ we want to import directly ? I
don't think there is.