[packagers] Distributing the product

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Apr 15 10:20:11 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 10:14 +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:

> As to the tree, there is one question left. Are we going Koji way? I
> guess we should start to think about the future development. Using Koji
> might have impact on the tree structure {SRMP,i386,x86?64}. What are you
> using now?

Basically everybody apart from Dag are using mock, and Dag uses dar
which is a build system created on top of static chroots and rpmbuild.

I would be interested in going the koji way, but I think it's a bit too
early to discuss that. I'm very much afraid of breaking the "one thing
at a time" principle and falling back to the endless negotiations mode.

Could you please elaborate on how the eventual use of koji might affect
the tree structure?

Thanks!