[packagers] Packager request

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Fri Jan 21 08:53:16 CET 2011

Hi Denis!

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 12:21 +0600, Denis Fateyev wrote:

> Actually, I don't see any progress in that.

I apologize for being slow in replying as I was (and I still am)
overwhelmed with the amount of work I currently have to get done.

> Must I publish the diffs between my specs and specs from SRPMs on
> "packages.sw.be" (if any) directly to the list?

I initiated a discussion on the IRC (#rpmforge @ freenode) lately and it
boiled down to the very same thing we started with...

Right now the policy is defined solely by Dag, that is he is the guy who
takes the decisions to grant / revoke commit access, schedule builds
etc. Karanbir is happy to implement it, but Dag has to speak up.

Fabian confessed, that Dag didn't even reply to private emails recently
which obviously means that he is extremely overbooked. So in terms of
commit access there's nothing to do but wait.

In what concerns package reviews, we reached the consensus that you are
probably right that publishing the patches on the list would be the
easiest way to go. We can try to review and commit as much as we can,
and in the meantime Dag can make up his mind on the commit access issue.

In terms of reviewing don't count on me too much for the reasons that I
outlined in the first line of my email, however, I hope that Steve,
David, Christoph, Fabian et al. will join in.

I will try to follow up on the other messages that you have posted
separately...