[packagers] Surya going away

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue May 31 09:14:03 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 08:36 +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:

> I'm fine with that. I was talking about Surya. Do we still need a box
> for replacement or there's a replacement already?

We agreed to create as much KVM virtual machines as needed on the
Hetzner box Dag owns for now. Basically, we need a gateway, rsync
master, metadata generator and that's it for now. In the end they can be
transfered to other hardware if needed.

In what concerns mailman, I've also suggested my help, but in the end
Dag felt more comfortable with hosting at some existing mail system that
already does spam filtering, relaying and has mailman installed (no need
to double the administrative costs), so it is only needed to transfer
the settings and the archives.

I'm fine with that as long as there are alternative points of contact
that can be triggered if things go bad and he said there will be some.