[packagers] push problem

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sat Aug 11 09:34:58 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 17:34 -0500, Paul Reiber wrote:

> Thanks, though, for all the help with the hurdles - git's no easy
> tool!

Hi Paul,

Glad you finally got it working!

It is incredible how git has become easier to use in the last couple of
years and hosting git repositories is now a no-brainer thanks to github.

However, distributions are still shipping older versions and even the
latest ones still require someone to give you a 5 minutes crash course
if you want to get started in no time, otherwise you need to poke around
the documentation a little bit.

I'm sorry about your initial experience, but I'm fairly sure that if I
were sitting next to you, I could have gotten you jump-started in no
more than 7 minutes. I hope as you progress you will see that your
initial investments in learning git pay off generously.

I'll look into the pull request as time permits...