[packagers] vlc fails to read mpeg4 network stream

Danny Smit danny.smit.0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:12:01 CEST 2014

One addition to this problem:

I needed to apply this patch in order to make the compilation of vlc
succeed: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/85222367/vlc-firefox-npapi-mime.patch
So it seems there is a difference in the versions of the libraries
against which I compiled vlc and against which the original vlc is
compiled.

Possibly there was an issue in one of the libraries against which vlc
is compiled, which is resolved in the latest version of that library?