[users] rpmforge-release package

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 19 05:24:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

There's now an rpmforge-release package that should work with smart, apt
and yum. It also provides mirrors-files for yum, addes the GPG keys
inside the package and has some info on how to add an up2date channel. I
didn't tag this package as a test package as it does not replace any
existing package. But consider it in test phase :)

For now, if you do install it, you may want to disable the
apt-configuration and smart-configuration that is part of those packages.
I will issue a new apt package later (when everything is fine with
rpmforge-release). It may delete the repository for some people, but it's
for the better cause (I guess).

The rpmforge-release package will (at this moment) use Dries his
repository for FC4 and my repository for everything else. This may change
in the future slightly depending on who will be in charge of some.

And of course when we have merged repositories (and mirrors) the
config-files will migrate together with the RPMforge packages.

Let me know if you have problems or improvements.

PS Dries still has to add a mirrors-rpmforge file in his FC4 tree, so the
mirrorlist will fail for FC4. That will be fixed soon too.

PS2 A Red Carpet configuration file is missing from this one too.

Kind regards,