[users] Re: rpmforge-release package

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Fri Aug 19 10:33:28 CEST 2005

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's now an rpmforge-release package that should work with smart, apt
> and yum. It also provides mirrors-files for yum, addes the GPG keys
> inside the package and has some info on how to add an up2date channel. I
> didn't tag this package as a test package as it does not replace any
> existing package. But consider it in test phase :)
>
> For now, if you do install it, you may want to disable the
> apt-configuration and smart-configuration that is part of those packages.
> I will issue a new apt package later (when everything is fine with
> rpmforge-release). It may delete the repository for some people, but it's
> for the better cause (I guess).
>
> The rpmforge-release package will (at this moment) use Dries his
> repository for FC4 and my repository for everything else. This may change
> in the future slightly depending on who will be in charge of some.
>
> And of course when we have merged repositories (and mirrors) the
> config-files will migrate together with the RPMforge packages.
>
> Let me know if you have problems or improvements.
>
> PS Dries still has to add a mirrors-rpmforge file in his FC4 tree, so the
> mirrorlist will fail for FC4. That will be fixed soon too.
>
> PS2 A Red Carpet configuration file is missing from this one too.

what is the current state of RPMforge? is there any info about it?
currently it seems to me dag's repo do not contain a lots of packages
for fc4. it'll be a switch when we can drop/comment out dag's and dries'
repo and just switch on RPMforge or...?
it'd be useful to include some kind of info about it on all (dag, dries,
rpmforge) repo's homepage.