[users] Re: rpmforge-release package

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 19 18:20:19 CEST 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Farkas Levente wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Farkas Levente wrote:
> >
> > > what is the current state of RPMforge?
> >
> > The current alert level is: orange
>
> and what is the orange? bin laden is coming, or???:-)

:) The website is getting more and more content, I still hope to be able
to merge our repositories in the next few weeks into the same directory
structure and have a few mirrors with this new directory structure in
place. After that we can update the rpmforge-release package again.

> > > it'd be useful to include some kind of info about it on all (dag, dries,
> > > rpmforge) repo's homepage.
> >
> > Check the RPMforge website and the mailinglists. Lots of information all
> > over the place.
>
> may be it'd be better to ask you at the wth, but i can't find you in the
> iguana tent (and it was far from me and there were too much rain:-().

Yes, the rain was a pity.

> so i look over the site again but do not find any info about it. what's more a
> look into the mailing list archive too (even before my post) but that also not
> contains too much info about it. eg why your repo (dag) has not any package
> for fc4? will it be or just extras? when? (ok i know this last sentence is a
> bit always anoying, but even though)...
> yours.

It has been posted several times here and on one of the RPMforge
mailinglists. Dries is doing the FC4 packages (both i386 and x86_64). I
made an overview here of the current situation:

	http://rpmforge.net/packager/distributions/

Dries also made a packages-view available from the RPMforge website at:

	http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/

I'm also written a few scripts that we can use to compare package lists
for different distributions, check for obsolete packages, etc... See:

	http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/dar/python/

Kind regards,