[users] [DAG] webmin replaces one config file it shouldn't

Ralph Angenendt ra+rpmforge at br-online.de
Tue Jul 5 15:17:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

as we've just found out on #centos the webmin packages in the repository
tend to replace %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/webmin.acl, which controls who may
change what.

So when updating webmin %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/webmin.acl get's replaced
with the default file in the package and webmin.acl gets moved to
webmin.acl.rpmsave - it's just a cosmetic problem, as the file isn't
removed.

So my suggestion would be to make the following change in to the spec
file:

%config %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/sysconfig/daemons/webmin
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/config/
%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/miniserv.*
+%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/webmin/webmin.acl

Please watch for the Cc: when answering, he brought up the topic on
centos.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph