[users] Any plans to support other platforms ???

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jun 6 17:09:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Petr Klíma wrote:

> are ther any plans to support other platforms (PPC for example) ?
>
> If YES how may I help?

I would love to have CentOS/PPC and Fedora/PPC binaries of the RPMforge
repository.

One way to help is to start compiling the collection of SPEC files and
make the binary packages available. We can help setup a buildsystem to
automate as much as possible.

The aim is to have different people responsible for building for different
platforms (builders) and different people responsible for different
packages (packagers). Anyone can be both a builder and packager of course.

And eventually merge the different platform repositories into the same
filespace. There are a few practical things that have to be discussed
before we are there though.