[users] Red Carpet

Andrew Wafaa andrew.wafaa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:52:55 CEST 2005

On 6/5/05, Andrew Wafaa <andrew.wafaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/05, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any plans to make the current feeds available via Red
> > > Carpet, as I prefer to use it than apt. I know they do pretty much the
> > > same thing, but hey it's all about the choice.
> > >
> > > Opencarpet.org only show Dag's feed as providing upto FC2 and RHEL3.
> > > Is this intentional or just an oversight?
> >
> > I think Opencarpet.org is not really updated anylonger.
> >
> > Red Carpet is able to use apt repositories (and maybe also Yum) so you
> > don't need anything special. I'm not using Red Carpet myself, but if you
> > can tell me what is required to configure it I'll add that info to the
> > FAQ.
> >
> > --   dag wieers,  dag at wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> > [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]
> >

> Thanks for the info Dag, after having a closer look it looks like all
> what needs to be changed is an xml and conf file.  I'm gonna try
> something as soon as I rebuild my test box and let you know if/what
> works.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy

Is there any chance someone could verify that I have set this up
correctly please?  I believe that I have setup an open-carpet server,
but I'm having a few difficulties getting my clients to work.  So far
I've set it up for Dag's repository, and once I verify that my
configuration works I will add the other RpmForge repositories - No
favouritism honest Dries, Matthias et al

The url to add for the service is http://www.forcev.net/opencarpet/dag
and it should be called dag.

Regards,

Andy