[users] Any plans to support other platforms ???

Robert Story rstory-l at 2005.revelstone.com
Tue Jun 7 19:39:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:09:06 +0200 (CEST) Dag wrote:
DW> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Petr Klíma wrote:
DW> > are ther any plans to support other platforms (PPC for example) ?
DW>
DW> I would love to have CentOS/PPC and Fedora/PPC binaries of the RPMforge
DW> repository.
DW>
DW> One way to help is to start compiling the collection of SPEC files and
DW> make the binary packages available. We can help setup a buildsystem to
DW> automate as much as possible.

I have 793 binary rpms (not counting debuginfo) built from the DAG srpms for
YDL 4. That's everything that will build w/out installing dependencies that I
don't already have on my machine.

The only thing stopping me from making them available is legal concerns (I'm
in the US). Is there a list somewhere of packages that have patent/copyright
issues? Or ones that don't?