[users] Re: RPMforge Fedora Core 4 repositories

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jun 13 01:19:06 CEST 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Dries and I have been populating our FC4 repositories, we hope to have
> most of the packages available by monday. (certainly with Dries his
> shining new x86_64 system)

As if the discussion on the CentOS mailinglist about failing harddisks
was a signal, my main disk on my buildsystem died on me last night. Dries
tried recovering it this morning but to no avail.

This means the backup plan is that Dries will be the primary source for
all FC4 RPMforge packages (both x86_64 and i386). It makes sense to start
merging Dries and my repository now and think about the future.

I will have to reinstall all my build environments and will take the
opportunity to revise and document the process. If there are people that
depend on eg. RH6, EL2, RH7, RH8, RH9, FC1, FC2 or another distribution,
step forward now if you like to be closer involved or like to maintain an
older distribution. If nobody steps up I will probably drop RH9 and FC1
support.

New packages or updates in my repository are suspended until I have
reinstalled my build environments and revised the tools. Don't expect this
to be before July. I'll try though. Dries and FreshRPMS will still cover
the important packages and are completely compatible.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

> BTW dag.wieers.com will be unavailable for possibly 6 hours. As result of
> the HEAnet resync of april we're moving the server away to prevent having
> additional expenses in the future. apt.sw.be is not affected.

These 6 hours is actually on monday during European business hours :)