[suggest] spec template?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue May 17 16:50:13 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Robert Story wrote:

> Me again, claiming first post again. :-)
>
> To stay on topic, is there a basic spec file template I should start with when
> creating a new package I'd like to submit?

You could look at:

	http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/_template.spec

but since that does not contain python, perl or other specific items, it's
usually better to look for one of the SPEC files that closes matches the
technologies used.

So eg. if it comes with a desktop file that included mimetype information,
just grep the SPEC files for an example that has this and use the same
post-install stuff.

And you can always ask, of course :)