[suggest] spec template?

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Tue May 17 22:10:08 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 16:50, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005, Robert Story wrote:
> > Me again, claiming first post again. :-)
> >
> > To stay on topic, is there a basic spec file template I should start with
> > when creating a new package I'd like to submit?
>
> You could look at:
>
> 	http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/_template.spec
>
> but since that does not contain python, perl or other specific items, it's
> usually better to look for one of the SPEC files that closes matches the
> technologies used.

If you're going to package python stuff, it might be interesting to ask Jeff
Pittman <symbiont at berlios.de> or symbiont  on freenet irc for a template.. he
packages a lot of python stuff.

http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/tools/pydar2/perlpackages/perltemplate.spec
is the template which i used for most of the perl packages.

Like Dag said, with grep you can find a lot of interesting stuff in the
rpmforge spec files ;) I also use grep a lot so i can copy stuff like adding
users in %pre.

kind regards,
Dries