[suggest] New font-related packages

Avi Alkalay avibrazil at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:24:15 CEST 2005

I wrote an entire HOWTO on how to make Linux fonts look better:
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/
And the two steps process requires you to install 2 RPMs: the microsoft
fonts RPM and a better Freetype.

I'm proposing to include these 2 RPMs in the RPMForge repo.

Freetype is Red Hat's spec with a slight flag change and can be found here:
http://avi.alkalay.net/software/freetype.bci/FedoraCore3/

I just renamed Microsoft Fonts package to webcore-fonts, and they are (being
uploaded) here:
http://avi.alkalay.net/software/webcore-fonts/
The howto teaches a standard way to make fonts RPMs, and this package
follows this standard.

I can and want to maintain these RPMs in RPMForge too.

Thank you,
Avi