[users] hello all!

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun May 29 22:37:26 CEST 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Paul Ehrenreich wrote:

> I just stumbled across RPMforge a few days ago and decided to
> subscribe to the list. I was wondering if you are still looking for
> help at all? I have some experience building RPMs but really simple
> stuff and modifying SPEC files nothing to hardcore, but i am willing
> to pitch in and learn more if needed.

Hi Paul,

There are a few ways you can already help out. Here's a list of things:

 + Go over the SPEC files, ask questions about them and fix whatever can
   be improved. Questions will help us adding/improving documents on te
   website.

 + Go over the buildlogs, look for failed builds and see what can be done
   about it. (see: http://apt.sw.be/packages/3ddesktop/_buildlogs/)
   Older distributions are not that important as EL3, FC3, EL4

 + Compare the packages lists to find broken builds (see:
   http://apt.sw.be/extra/state/packages*.list)

 + Add new packages by sending SPEC-files and patches to:
   suggest at lists.rpmforge.net

 + What we desperately need is someone driving progress by making TODO
   lists, encouraging people to help, improve the website, ... This is
   more like general management, less technical.

 + If you're more into building and developing, you can help Dries with
   his pydar development to make the best buildsystem in existence :)

And there are probably plenty more things that needs a hand. So jump in,
take something you like and we are here to help you if you need something.