[users] Missing RPMs for FC5

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Apr 4 07:51:22 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> I noticed a few issues after upgrading regarding i386 packages.  Here
> are some packages which use to be on rpmforge, but aren't recognized
> for an update.  I also noticed the clamav-db and clamav-milter files are
> missing.
>
> rpm -qa | grep fc4
> asp2php-0.76.23-1.2.fc4.rf
> xosview-1.8.2-1.2.fc4.rf
> perl-Mail-SPF-Query-1.999.1-1.2.fc4.rf
> aalib-1.4.0-5.2.fc4.rf
> libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.2.fc4.rf
> ripole-0.2.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> libXvMCW-0.9.3-1.2.fc4.rf
> iiimf-le-sun-thai-12.2-4.fc4.2
> perl-Archive-Zip-1.16-1.2.fc4.rf
> iptstate-1.4-1.2.fc4.rf
> perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.4-1.2.fc4.rf
> perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.97-1.2.fc4.rf
> iiimf-qt-12.2-4.fc4.2
> iptraf-3.0.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> bluez-bluefw-1.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> unarj-2.63-0.a.2.fc4.rf
> perl-Gnome2-VFS-1.041-1.2.fc4.rf
> rar-3.5.1-1.2.fc4.rf
> python-khashmir-4.4.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.2.fc4.rf
> asp2php-gtk-0.76.23-1.2.fc4.rf
> ttcp-3.7-1.2.fc4.rf
> perl-MIME-tools-5.419-1.2.fc4.rf
> cdicconf-0.2-11.1.fc4
> x264-devel-0.0.439-1.2.fc4
> iiimf-emacs-12.2-4.fc4.2
> umb-scheme-3.2-39.fc4.1
> libsamplerate-0.1.2-3.fc4
> dvdauthor-0.6.11-1.2.fc4.rf
> arc-5.21o-1.fc4
> perl-IO-String-1.08-1.2.fc4.rf
> perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-2.2.fc4.rf

Looking at the number of packages in each of Dries his repositories, I
think that he is not yet done building and releasing all packages. The
fact that x86_64 has more packages than i386 should be a good sign :)

Normally you have less x86_64 Ãpackages than i386 (because a lot of older
projects do not support x86_Â64). So maybe it's not a good time yet to
move to FC5 ?

Kind regards,