[users] Missing RPMs for FC5

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 10:41:10 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue 04-Apr-2006 at 07:51:22AM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>
> > rpm -qa | grep fc4
> > asp2php-0.76.23-1.2.fc4.rf
> > xosview-1.8.2-1.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-Mail-SPF-Query-1.999.1-1.2.fc4.rf
> > aalib-1.4.0-5.2.fc4.rf
> > libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.2.fc4.rf
> > ripole-0.2.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> > libXvMCW-0.9.3-1.2.fc4.rf
> > iiimf-le-sun-thai-12.2-4.fc4.2
> > perl-Archive-Zip-1.16-1.2.fc4.rf
> > iptstate-1.4-1.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.4-1.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.97-1.2.fc4.rf
> > iiimf-qt-12.2-4.fc4.2
> > iptraf-3.0.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> > bluez-bluefw-1.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> > unarj-2.63-0.a.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-Gnome2-VFS-1.041-1.2.fc4.rf
> > rar-3.5.1-1.2.fc4.rf
> > python-khashmir-4.4.0-1.2.fc4.rf
> > mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.2.fc4.rf
> > asp2php-gtk-0.76.23-1.2.fc4.rf
> > ttcp-3.7-1.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-MIME-tools-5.419-1.2.fc4.rf
> > cdicconf-0.2-11.1.fc4
> > x264-devel-0.0.439-1.2.fc4
> > iiimf-emacs-12.2-4.fc4.2
> > umb-scheme-3.2-39.fc4.1
> > libsamplerate-0.1.2-3.fc4
> > dvdauthor-0.6.11-1.2.fc4.rf
> > arc-5.21o-1.fc4
> > perl-IO-String-1.08-1.2.fc4.rf
> > perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-2.2.fc4.rf
>
> Looking at the number of packages in each of Dries his repositories, I
> think that he is not yet done building and releasing all packages.

I think you are right.

I had a long list like this yesterday and managed to make it a lot
shorter by checking each package -- for some of them like libid3tag or
perl-MIME-tools for example will find that there are older version in
core or extras so doing a 'rpm -e' and a 'yum install' will get rid of
the rf package and install the fc5 version.

However I couldn't do this for some packages -- for example
python-elementtree -- there is a older version available for fc5 from
core but since yum depends on it you can't rpm -e it and then do a yum
install (I know I could download it and do it manually using rpm...).

I also found some packages that I didn't seem to be using so I just
removed them so I now only have these fc4 packages installed:

 rpm -qa | grep fc4
 perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.4-1.2.fc4.rf
 perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu-1.15-2.2.fc4.rf
 rpmforge-release-0.2-2.2.fc4.rf