[users] perl-Video-DVDRip depedency problem

P A futhark77 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:43:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

It is not possible to install perl-Video-DVDRip. The following reasons are
given by apt-get:

  perl-Video-DVDRip: Depends: perl(Locale::Messages) but it is not
installable
                     Depends: perl(Locale::TextDomain) but it is not
installable

Since these packages are not available through apt-get, I have installed
them through CPAN.

Locale::TextDomain is up to date (1.16).
Locale::Messages is up to date (undef).

I downloaded perl-Video-DVDRip source to workaround these dependancy
problems. Disabling the following line allowed me to build:

#BuildRequires: perl(Locale::TextDomain)

However I still have a dep problem when I install - I need to install with
--nodeps. That's very unfortunate, because apt-get will detect these broken
packages everytime I use it. How can I work around that? I'm quite surprised
about these deps popping up when I try to install.

DVDRip works well otherwise.

Thanks!